Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Outlook Express Will Not Open

• Please log in to reply

sjweb

sjweb

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am unable to open Outlook Express...message as follows: "Outlook Express could not be started because another instance of it is still running on your computer. Please log off of Windows, and then restart Outlook Express. If the problem persists, save your work, and then restart your computer."

I've done all of the above many times; did a McAfee Virus check; check for trojans with MooSoft's The Cleaner; and checked out any maintenance that could possibly need to be done. I have my Firewall set as enabled, and utilize McAfee Secuirty Center.

The only new things I have done is to install Mozilla Thunderbird and "Go To My PC" to access my home computer. (I already had one computer installed to access a work computer from home.)

I also downloaded a 14 day trial of Quarb which is supposed to help with adware, etc., although this is out of desparation since I already have plenty of options to do so on this computer. I can not open Quarb without opening Outllook Express, so that's no help. I have the most recent update on Outlook Express.

Now what can I do? I do get my mail through Thunderbird, but rally prefer the folder set-up I have in Outlook. Thunderbird downlaods all account at once. And I'm not a novice, and am not usually afraid to do anything, like set up a network at work, etc.

Advertisements