Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problems with iTunes - please help!

• Please log in to reply

pinkpukka

pinkpukka

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok so this is my last resort before i give up on iTunes completely.

I've had my iPod since christmas and my iTunes has been working great. However, a few days ago it decided not to work on me, dont ask me why....maybe something to do with downloading an application and then deleting it....but it has completely collapsed on me.

Every time i tried to open it i got an error message....something about quicktime not being properly installed #2056 or something along those lines. So i log onto the iTunes support page, and download quicktime....but now every time i open iTunes it comes up with an error message asking if i want to send it, yes or no.

I have also tried to restore my system to an earlier date, but i think this may have just confused my laptop even more :tazz:

Please somebody help me, i have no idea what to do, and am very afraid i will lose all the music i have bought off the iTunes music store....grrrrr......sometimes wonder why i bother with iPods as my last one bailed on me just after the warranty ran out (and that was my second one in that warranty)...hmm! Apple, we love you!

Please somebody help me, you have no idea how grateful i'd be! :)

Edited by pinkpukka, 06 March 2006 - 07:35 AM.

Advertisements

Jeremy_Scheiderer

Jeremy_Scheiderer

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Well I am not completely sure on this but you might want to check this out. I believe that you should be able to go back and get all the music that you have purchased through itunes. However, you might want to send apple tech support an e-mail before you do this. But what i would do if after you make sure that you are able to get all your music back i would go for the re-installation of itunes. :tazz:

pinkpukka

pinkpukka

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sorry, completely my fault, but i forgot to mention that i have reinstalled iTunes a few times and tried again, but each time it does the same thing......i have no idea what to do next!

Jeremy_Scheiderer

Jeremy_Scheiderer

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Have you tried to uninstall everything starting with quicktime and then itunes. Then go ahead and re-load itunes and see if it asks you to install quicktime with it and if it does go ahead and do it that way. Sometimes its best to let the software load the ver. that they want.

pinkpukka

pinkpukka

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yup ive tried that a few times but each time it still doesn't work. I will try once more tonight, deleting everything to do with iTunes and quicktime, and will let you know how i get on....keep your fingers crossed for me, im rapidly losing my patience!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If your stuck and need something to use with your ipod while you get itunes fixed you can use winamp(at least your supposed ot be ive not get an ipod thankfully).

nickwilkerson

nickwilkerson

• Pip
  • 2 posts
After i installed the latest version of itunes on my desktop the itunes decided not to open. i have deleted both itunes and quicktime and reinstalled both of them, but nothing seems to make itunes start. Also, when i click on the itunes icon itunes will appear to be open in the task manager however, the program itself will not open.