Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

visual style/Appearances don't wanna work....

• Please log in to reply

DarkStar

DarkStar

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
i used this programe i got that unblocks uxtheme.dll to make it where i can add themes. i don't know what happend but i restarted my computer and now i can't use other themes or visual styles.
i tryed geting a new one to see if there was something wrong with the other one but when i tyred to use it it just gave me the typical two options for Appearances.

anyideas?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
perhaps...there were two or three different uxtheme.dll patchers out there for specific service packs...is it possible you got the wrong one for your service pack?

DarkStar

DarkStar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
nope, i don't think so.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
when people say, "No, I don't think so" I usually find they really do not know and are guessing

Don't guess. Find out. What service pack are you using? Where did you get the patch?

Did the problem occur just as you applied the patch, or before? Did the patch allow you to revert?

DarkStar

DarkStar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
how do you figure out What service pack i'm useing?