Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Voyager 2100 Router problem?

• Please log in to reply

flopski

flopski

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Voyager 2100 router and am trying to connect to wireless laptop. The laptop finds the connection but it then drops after a very short time. Try to find the wireless connection again and it comes up with a blank. If I switch off the router it comes back again (again for a short time - longest yet was about 8 minutes). Seems to be a router problem as it has occurred on two laptops with different wireless adapters.

Is there something obvious I am not doing? Others seem to be having similar problems but have n't seen a definitive solution yet. Am thinking of trying another router if BT stuff is seen as "junk".

Have now had a bit longer to look at this and have changed the Channel settings on the wireless via the http//192.168.1.1...admin is user name and password. Seems to work ok now....but time will tell.

Edited by flopski, 08 March 2006 - 08:17 AM.

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hi flopski,

I'm sorry it took us so long to post a response -- please let us know if you're still experiencing problems now that you've changed your Broadcasting Channel.

Thanks,
Dan.

flopski

flopski

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Seems to be sorted now.....need to highlight the Channel changing as it is not obvious from documentation.