Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\V

• Please log in to reply

vrbasgrad

vrbasgrad

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Can somebody give me a hand here? I am having trouble opening my pictures and my videos files, keep getting Windows Error Messages. I tried doing everything but nothing helps does anybody knows how to fix this.
Below is the Microsoft Error Report List

Thx.Vrbasgrad

Possible virus infection: follow these troubleshooting steps

Thank you for submitting an error report.

Problem description

The error was likely caused by a computer virus, although we were unable to determine the specific virus.

Solution

To find out if your computer has a virus and to help prevent this problem from happening again, please follow the steps that most closely match your situation:

Situation 1: You see the error when you are browsing the web, do not have McAfee antivirus software installed on your computer, and you do not see the error when you are viewing folders with audio or video files. Go to steps to resolve Situation 1.
Situation 2: You see the error when you are viewing folders on your computer that contain audio or video files. Go to steps to resolve Situation 2.
Situation 3: You see this error when you are browsing a webpage and have McAfee antivirus and/or anti-spyware software installed. Go to steps to resolve Situation 3.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Situation 1

Click Start, and then click Run.
Type cmd.exe and press OK.
Type cd c:\
Type dir /s q*_disk.dll and press ENTER.
If this returns any results other than "file not found," then update your virus protection software by going to the manufacturer's website and downloading the latest signature file. After you update your virus protection software, run a full scan of your computer.
If these steps do not resolve the issue please continue to submit crash reports and we will continue to investigate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Situation 2

This crash may be due to the following:

A corrupted media file or files (either partially downloaded or in some other manner corrupted).
A corrupted audio or video codec being installed. A codec is software that is used to compress or decompress a digital media file, such as a song or video. The media player and other programs use codecs to play and create digital media files.
Note: You will know if a file is corrupted if your media player crashes when you try to play the file.

If you find that there are many corrupted files, uninstall any recently installed programs (such as audio or video compression or editing tools) that may have installed any media codecs, including Divx , mped2dmx.ax, or ffdshow.ax/libavcodec.dll.

To uninstall a program:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Click Add or Remove Programs.
Under Pick a task..., click Remove a program.
From the list of currently installed programs, select a program, and then click Change/Remove or Remove.
If these steps do not resolve the issue please continue to submit crash reports and we will continue to investigate.

Situation 3

This crash may be due to a corrupted file, or pair of files. To resolve this, follow these steps:

Click Start, click Run, and then copy and paste the following text into the text entry box: regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\scriptproxy.dll"
When the RegSvr 32 dialog box appears, it should display "DllUnRegisterServer in succeeded." Click OK to close the dialog box.
Click Start, click Run, and then copy and paste the following into the text entry box: regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\jscript.dll
When the RegSvr 32 dialog box appears, it should display "DllRegisterServer in succeeded." Click OK to close the dialog box.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, please continue to submit crash reports and we will continue to investigate.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
what's the actual error message you're getting?

vrbasgrad

vrbasgrad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I can not tell what the actual error message is. When I try to open my picture or media file folders Windows Error Message screen pops up and tells me that WINDOWS HAS ENCOUNTER A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO SHUT DOWN, than I send error log to Microsoft and this is what it is. That is all I know.

thx.

Possible virus infection: follow these troubleshooting steps

Thank you for submitting an error report.

Problem description

The error was likely caused by a computer virus, although we were unable to determine the specific virus.

Solution

To find out if your computer has a virus and to help prevent this problem from happening again, please follow the steps that most closely match your situation:

Situation 1: You see the error when you are browsing the web, do not have McAfee antivirus software installed on your computer, and you do not see the error when you are viewing folders with audio or video files. Go to steps to resolve Situation 1.
Situation 2: You see the error when you are viewing folders on your computer that contain audio or video files. Go to steps to resolve Situation 2.
Situation 3: You see this error when you are browsing a webpage and have McAfee antivirus and/or anti-spyware software installed. Go to steps to resolve Situation 3.

Situation 1

Click Start, and then click Run.
Type cmd.exe and press OK.
Type cd c:\
Type dir /s q*_disk.dll and press ENTER.
If this returns any results other than "file not found," then update your virus protection software by going to the manufacturer's website and downloading the latest signature file. After you update your virus protection software, run a full scan of your computer.

Situation 2

This crash may be due to the following:

A corrupted media file or files (either partially downloaded or in some other manner corrupted).
A corrupted audio or video codec being installed. A codec is software that is used to compress or decompress a digital media file, such as a song or video. The media player and other programs use codecs to play and create digital media files.
Note: You will know if a file is corrupted if your media player crashes when you try to play the file.

If you find that there are many corrupted files, uninstall any recently installed programs (such as audio or video compression or editing tools) that may have installed any media codecs, including Divx , mped2dmx.ax, or ffdshow.ax/libavcodec.dll.

To uninstall a program:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Click Add or Remove Programs.
Under Pick a task..., click Remove a program.
From the list of currently installed programs, select a program, and then click Change/Remove or Remove.

Situation 3

This crash may be due to a corrupted file, or pair of files. To resolve this, follow these steps:

Click Start, click Run, and then copy and paste the following text into the text entry box: regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\scriptproxy.dll"
When the RegSvr 32 dialog box appears, it should display "DllUnRegisterServer in succeeded." Click OK to close the dialog box.
Click Start, click Run, and then copy and paste the following into the text entry box: regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\jscript.dll
When the RegSvr 32 dialog box appears, it should display "DllRegisterServer in succeeded." Click OK to close the dialog box.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, please continue to submit crash reports and we will continue to investigate.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
do you have an antivirus software installed on your computer? if so what kind? does it pick anything up?

try going to one (or all) of these online scanners

Kaspersky OnLine Scan or TrendMicro or BitDefender. (Please post the results of the scan(s) in your next reply)

+++++

If you are unable to run the activeX Antivirus Scanners, lets try this Java based solution from Trend Micro.

vrbasgrad

vrbasgrad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I have Antivirus up to date MCAFEE.Did not pick up anything and I did use Micro trend and he found some spam ware but that did not fix my problem. Only thing that I can tell you is when I do this

Click Start, click Run and then copy and paste the following text into the text entry box: regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\scriptproxy.dll"
When the RegSvr 32 dialog box appears, it should display "DllUnRegisterServer in succeeded." Click OK to close the dialog box

I do not get this "DllUnRegisterServer in succeeded." instead it says it can not find it.

Thx

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
open up "my computer" then open up the c:\ drive then the program files folder....do you see a folder in there called network associates?

vrbasgrad

vrbasgrad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I can not tell right now, I am at work as we speak so I have to check this later on when I go home. Anyway what do I have to do next?

Thx for your help

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
well basically...if that folder doesn't exist...then that's why that thing you're typing into the run window isn't working