Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

network slowdown

• Please log in to reply

johnb44

johnb44

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I have a Motorola sb4100 modem it is connected by cable to a desktop and wireless to a lap top almost every time I turn on the lap top it will not connect it shows connected but is not I unplug the modem wait a minute reconnect and everything is fine I have tried disconnecting everything and reconnecting 1 at a time waiting 10 minutes inbetween I have some doubts about signal strength but it works fine once connected and will continue until lap top is turned off I am quite sure I have all settings correct when it does not connect the yellow lite blinks slowly and all 3 green lites are steady
Read the topic from fum I know I should have done this first what do you maen by Signal Link??

Edited by johnb44, 06 March 2006 - 08:51 AM.

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hi johnb44,

The next time you start up your computer, could you please look in your Event Viewer for any errors/warnings -- Please goto Start --> Run --> type EVENTVWR and press OK --> Now, look under the System log for any errors and/or warnings. If you find any, please post the relevant heading, along with the details inside by double clicking on the error/warning, and then copy/pasting the information from within. You really should be looking for errors that coincide with the time that your computer boots up.

johnb44

johnb44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
there were no errors and the problem seems to have corrected itself I suspect provider problems still wondering what the signal link is thanks for your help