Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

games?

• Please log in to reply

alexroa54

alexroa54

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
what are some good games that you guys play?
what are some good free games, cause there is so many games out there I don't even know which 1's to start with.
thanks.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Depends on how good your computer is, alot of new games are spoiled on computers that cant play them very well. Half life 2 is excellent and runs fairly well on most systems even though it is quite demanding.

Caljif

Caljif

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Good MMORPG (massive multiplayer online role playing game) is World of warcraft....you should at least try it with the guest pass from a friend thats got it.

nojs

nojs

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
For the PSP the best game is Grand Theft Auto:Liberty City Stories
For the pc very good games are: F.E.A.R. and DOOM 3, Need For Speed Most Wanted (better on the ps2)

alexroa54

alexroa54

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
yeah I was thinking in getting a FEAR is it good? it looks kind of cool

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
F.E.A.R is a really good game! Awesome graphics, fantastic sounds, good story, incredible atmosphere.

nojs

nojs

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
and the creepy girl

Modular

Modular

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
FarCry is my all-time favorite. I've tried BF2 and some other games, but I always come back to FarCry.

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
America's Army is free and produced by the United State's Army.

www.americasarmy.com

I would have to do with the Command and Conquer series. They have a pack now with twelve C&C games for 40 bucks, not too shabby.

mk1james

mk1james

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
I would say that warcraft 3 the forzen throne is a good game and the best to play on the web. but u need to have warcraft 3 before getting the frozen throne. go on www.gamestracker.com, this will tell you where there cheapest on the web. Also world of warcraft is a great game but you have to pay £9 per month or get a game card for £17 and thats for 2 months.

Edited by dudeja, 30 March 2006 - 07:24 AM.

nikorasu

nikorasu

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Not-so-free games : Half-Life 2 is awesome if you're looking for a good shooter.

It runs fine on my old comp (2.1ghz, 1.5gig ddr sdram @ 533mhz, nvidia geforce 6200)

MMORPG : I reccomend World of Warcraft

There are some Korean companies that make some great online games that are available in English for free. Like GunBound - I used to play that a lot.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Sacred is a good budget game and it's just been released on white label. I managed to pick it up for just over £3