Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD BURNING

• Please log in to reply

theBoar

theBoar

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hi People,
I've been burning Videos onto DVD for about a year now but i've had the same problem each and every time i try to burn, i'm not sure why it's taken me so long to ask for help, but here i am anyways!
My problem is this; Every time i burn a video onto dvd (whether it be a Mpg, Iso, Avi...anything at all!), When I try and play the dvd on my home dvd-player I only get a viewable dvd video for about 20 minutes, afther which, the video becomes distorted, choppy, blurry, unaudible and unviewable. This has happend to every DVD i've ever tried to burn!!! The funny thing is, when i play the disc in my computer, everything works just fine, it seems that im only unable to watch the dvd's in my home dvd-player. I've tried playing them if different dvd players to see if mine was broken, but the others had the same problem.
Now, I've been using Nero 7 for the last while, so i tried to use a different kinds of software that i read about in other forums, however they did no better. I've also tried using different discs (DVD-R, DVD+R), but nothing.
I dont know what it is. Is it a problem with the encoding, my dvd burner, or just me!? Can someone pleeeez help!! :tazz:

Advertisements

Tempest210

Tempest210

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
You might wish to check the Video Help site at-
http://www.videohelp.com/
They have just about every answer on video and DVD problems.
Also, have you tried burning at a slower speed? Do you put a label on the DVD, as I know this can cause some problems.

Edited by Tempest210, 07 March 2006 - 12:14 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what exactly are you burning? dvd to dvd? or stuff you download?