Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with Microsoft Outlook XP

• Please log in to reply

ecarder

ecarder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

The 2005 stuff as well

Is system restore enabled on the PC

I don't know. Is there anyway that I can call and talk to you about this rather than typing back and forth?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you click start then help and support to look for system restore, restore to an earlier time, then choose a restore point which is either before you ran the repair tool or before he looked at it

If it is not enabled, the first person to see is the tech support person you have

ecarder

ecarder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

If you click start then help and support to look for system restore, restore to an earlier time, then choose a restore point which is either before you ran the repair tool or before he looked at it

If it is not enabled, the first person to see is the tech support person you have

It is enabled, but the only restore point given is in January 2006. There are none any sooner than that. Don't know what to do. When I try to create a restore point, it give me a message saying, "System restore is not able to create a restore point. Please restart computer and then run System Restore again." When I restart, it gives me the same message. I've tried calling our IT guy and just can't get in touch with him.