Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Task manager problem

• Please log in to reply

rmprudente

rmprudente

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
I'm runnning WinXP home on a hp pavallion. About a week or so ago my task manager went glichy and the tabs at the top disappeared. It shows what programs are running but that's it, I can't even close the task manager except by right clicking on the icon in the quick launch toolbar. I ran Norton Utilities and Registry mechanic and neither found a problem so I'm stumped unless this is some sort of virus symptom.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
double click somewhere (anywhere) in the grey area around the edge of the taskmanager window

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It is in tiny footprint mode, double click it at the top

In tiny footprint mode, you can resize the window, did use to wonder what it was for

rmprudente

rmprudente

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Ok, I officially feel like a dip, LOL. Double clicking did it, thanks much. :tazz: