Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP 64x idles at loading screen. Help Needed.

• Please log in to reply

Josh.e.n

Josh.e.n

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have recently bought a new computer and thought since i was getting a pretty good dual core processor, i should try to get the most out of it. So i decided to get Windows XP 64x. For some reason, when ever install a new program or defragment my hard drive, windows wont load. Some times i have been able to load windows (like twice) and Windows in all its glory, says some vauge statement about a failed piece of hardware (only if i chose to send the error report). Though Windows won't load, i am able to get into Safe Mode (very exciting). So after fiddeling around with it, i found (so far) that the only way to fix it is to repair windows. this takes about 20-40 minutes and is really anoying considering i have to do it about 5 times in the month ive had the computer. If there is anybody who has any idea about what i could do or try to do, I would be very appreciative.

Computer Description: AMD 64x2 2.2GHz 1Mb L2 Cache 4400+, Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe Gaming Motherboard, 2 Gb OCZ El Platinum RAM, Sapphire ATI Radeon X1600 Pro 512 Mb on board memory, 300 Gb hard drive.

Advertisements