Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Free Software

• Please log in to reply

Malikorx

Malikorx

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
Post has been incorporated into the one below.

Edited by Malikorx, 12 May 2007 - 10:59 AM.

Advertisements

Malikorx

Malikorx

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
Post removed due to invalid links. I'll post a new list once I compile the information.

Edited by Malikorx, 16 February 2008 - 08:57 PM.

kewellfan7

kewellfan7

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
http://www.techsuppo...e_utilities.htm

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
I believe Burn4free should be removed from the list. It contains a toolbar which MUST be installed to install the problem as well as it contains adware and pop ups.
Linkage
James

dabest

dabest

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
hey could someone add some kind of free thing to boost virtual memory?
basically things to make your pc run faster.

Lusher

Lusher

• Pip
  • 1 posts
From CastleCops Wiki

List of online malware scans (comprehensive)

A list of scanners that scan your full hard-disk. The engine underlying each scan is noted so you can avoid duplication with scanners you already have. If a freeware version of the scanner (or at least roughly the same engine) is available for local use it is indicated. Most allow you to scan specific folders as well. Almost all have options to scan archives, those that do not are "tested" by scanning with a zipped version of eicar, though this is not a foolproof test. A few scanners only detect problems but do not offer to disinfect or even delete the offending file; these are indicated.

Full disk scanners (26), single file scanners (11), multiple engine scans (4) sandboxing scans (5) and misc. Includes details like screenshot, file upload limits, engine used, cleaning etc

List of freeware Security programs

Mark K

Mark K

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Just thought i'd add 1 more to the list. This one is for uninstalling programs from your PC instead of using Control Panel

RevoUninstaller

The difference with this program, it lets you run the official uninstaller for the program your uninstalling, then after its finished will scan your computer registry for any bits left behind that the unistaller doesnt remove. I've found it very useful!

trikol

trikol

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Defraggler - Defrag Software
Recuva - Recover lost files
FileZilla - FTP client

M477h3w700142y

M477h3w700142y

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Very useful thread right here.

Is it a good idea or not to have more than one anti-spyware softwares or Anti-Virus softwares???

trikol

trikol

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Very useful thread right here.

Is it a good idea or not to have more than one anti-spyware softwares or Anti-Virus softwares???

You should only have one Anti-Virus at a time, as for anti-spyware it shouldn't matter how many got.

Edited by trikol, 01 January 2008 - 04:10 PM.

Advertisements

andrew brunner

andrew brunner

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
xfire(in game chat)

www.xfire.com

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
I must add TeamViewer (Free Remote Software,) Songza (Online Music Search Engine,) Glary Utilities (Free PC Optimizer,) ooVoo (Free Video Chat,) and VLC Media Player (Plays virtually every type of file.)

astandby

astandby

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am still having problems removing Norton Ghost. I have tried the Norton Removal Tool, Windows Install Cleanup, Add and Remove Programs and it still Hauntsme! I have also installed a free program Revo Uninstaller - it does not show up on the list, however the icon is still in my startup tray.

Any suggestions out there? :)

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Have you tried FileShredder to remove the entire folder?

astandby

astandby

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks, I will give it a try.