Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How I can input my info. into HTML sign-up forms?

• Please log in to reply

spywarehelp3

spywarehelp3

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello GeeksToGo,

I had a WinFixer infection a few months ago, and with your help (specifically, Metallica's,) I was able to get rid of it.

Afterwards, I changed my Internet Explorer Browser Settings to match those that you suggest we make after cleaning our computer of an infection to make it more secure.

The only problem I have with it is that I cannot input my name and email address into any HTML sign-up forms of email newsletters I want to subscribe to and send it out. When I attempt to send it out, a box appears on the screen saying "Your Current Security Settings Prevent You From Sending HTML-based forms" (or some similar message.)

My question is, what security settings under Internet Options do I need to change in order to enable my Internet Explorer browser to allow me to input my information and send out HTML sign-up forms?

I plan on changing the settings when I want to sign up for something, then change the settings back to your recommended secure settings after I am finished signing up for the newsletter I want to sign up for.

Please let me know what Security settings I need to change to allow me to input my information into HTML sign-up forms and send them out at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Please take care, keep up the great work, and have a good day!

Sincerely,

spywarehelp3

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I am not entirerly aware what settings you set, but you should be able to post to html forms after going to

TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS and setting the DEFAULT buttons on the SECURITY and PRIVACY tabs

spywarehelp3

spywarehelp3

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello gerryf, thank you for your reply and I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I had some offline matters to attend to, including jury duty. I've only come back online very recently.

I will have the individual settings in another reply tomorrow. However, I will mention that when I reset the security settings to the default option, that still did not allow me to fill out an HTML form, as the same error message came up.

Is it possible that Spyware Guard and Spyware Blaster are preventing me from filling in HTML-based forms? Can those two software programs be altered to allow me to fill in HTML-based forms that I choose to fill in or would I have to deactivate both programs, fill in the form, and then reactivate the two software programs in order to fill out HTML-based forms?

I'd greatly appreciate a reply at your earliest convenience - thank you.

Again, I apologize for my delay and greatly appreciate your understanding and patience. :-)

Take care and have a great weekend!

Sincerely,

spywarehelp3