Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Snoop Software

• Please log in to reply

boomer32

boomer32

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hello all not sure if this is the right place to post this but will give it a try...

Is there any free snoop software out there that you remcommend I have 2 teenage daughters and want to keep track of them.....also how can a person tell if they have snoop software on there system??? is there some program to run to find out and if so are there FREE ones..????

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
we spend 50 percent of our time on this site getting rid of snoop software, so it would be pretty hard for us to recommend some

Your question is...kind of curious....fist you want some, and then you want to know how to detect it, and can we point you to some free stuff.

So, I do not know how to reply--I am not sure if you really are the parent of a teenager or two or a teenager or two looking to circumvent a parent.

In either case, the best advice I can offer is to be a dilligent parent. If you have concerns, and you should, set boundaries. Place the computer in a public area and monitor the connection. Talk with your kids. Tell them your concerns. Treat them like adults

You may be surprised

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

In either case, the best advice I can offer is to be a dilligent parent. If you have concerns, and you should, set boundaries. Place the computer in a public area and monitor the connection. Talk with your kids. Tell them your concerns. Treat them like adults

i agree with gerry on this one (weird isn't it? just..doesn't feel right huh gerry?)..putting software on the computer to spy on the kids is like reading their diary...or searching their room....just...doesn't instill their trust in you as a parent...they'll respect you more if you just have a talk with them...and they can't quite do things you don't want them to do...if the computer is always within view of where you're at

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Ditto. Put the computer in a public area and let the kids know that they are subject to your looking at their IM conversations at any time. Look at the history and express your concerns.

Snoop software causes all types of problems on your computer. And, plus when you have to confront them with your "evidence" it leads to the"I can't believe ou didn't trust me" conversation.

That's how I do it with my kids and no problems - knock on wood. :tazz:

boomer32

boomer32

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Thanks to all of you for your advice i guess i didnt think of it the way you all put it.....public place...trust issues..duh!!! oh well thanks again...no one seem to be able to tell me if there was anyway or any program to us that you recommend to tell if you have snoop software on you computer??? so what do you all recommend using for this....??? thanks again

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I guess I don't feel comfortable answering this because I don't believe in it. This question, coupled with the other question you posted on another forum regarding tracing offensive emails makes me uncomfortable providing you with an answer. Sorry.

boomer32

boomer32

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Well I am not sure why there is so much paranoia...I am a parent like you and want some simple answers..thats all ....There are other forums that i am sure will help me find the answer to these simple questions..Thanks anyway....