Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

slow computer boot up

• Please log in to reply

Dimension

Dimension

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have a slight problem. I tried to convert my keyboard from a ps2 to a usb via a converter however it wasnt recognised. i then tried to install a driver for the keyboard to make windows recognise it but that didnt work either. when it asked me to restart the computer i let it and when it restarted it took ages to boot up.

i have noticed that it detects the processor but then sits there ages memory testing and the section for 'memory infomation' is in white as oppossed to grey. the memory information looks different from before and its just really really slow. does anyone know what could have happened because my computer used to boot up real quick!

here is a picture of what it says:

Posted Image

Advertisements