Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Services and controller app has enctountered a problem

• Please log in to reply

morethanben

morethanben

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
If I close the error and get the auto shutdown, I usually don't get it on next boot, if i do the shutdown -a cmd, I usually get it on the next boot, or if I decide to delete the folder where its having it's conflicts. I still feel its something to do with my video drivers, I remember though when I uninstalled the drivers I didn't get the error running without any drivers ininstalled, but then I tried uninstalling the drivers again, and then the error popped up, so at this point i'm very confused, and may just have to format. This has been the hardest problem I've ever incountered and not be able to fix.

Advertisements

DangeR!

DangeR!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
try the reg file again. I did ONLY that and it cured the problem.

I think my problem started when I tryed to network my 2 pc's.

DangeR!

DangeR!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
@morethanben

did you, when uninstalling the g/c driver, did you go into safe mode and run driver clean pro?
If not, do it. Is your card nVidia or ATI? what card. try driver 84.20

morethanben

morethanben

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Yea my card is 6600 running 81.98, I already tried the 84.20 beta drivers and gave the same error.

DangeR!

DangeR!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Please do not post hijack this logs in any other forum than the malware forum as it will incourage others to do so as well. Your log has been removed and re-attached as a text file[/color]

was move from malware thread.

DangeR!

DangeR!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
morethanben
try the reg file from the site i posted, unless you already have. And the rest of the website if it doesn't work.

DangeR!

DangeR!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
damit to [bleep]!!! lol

I just got the error mesage again. I haven't fixed it afterall. Oh well back the the drawing board.

DangeR!

DangeR!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
hmmm, took me about 10 trys this time to reboot into windows.

I also in that time got some driver error, what chipset are you guys on? I'm on nforce4. I installed the ide drivers, alot of people say don't cos they can cause alot of roblems. I uninstalled them just to be sure.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
?

First, are these machines known clean? This is caused by several worms, including the Blaster and Welchia worms.

I see no evidence that either of you have gone through malware forum.

DangeR!

DangeR!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
I have done many scans including the symantec blaster worm sercher.
I used zonealarm suite, also Hitman pro with uses many programs. I have also done Panda software scan aswell. It found a few spyware then about half way through it BSOD on me then restarted the pc.

I have reinstalled my chipset drivers to a newer version.

the BSOD on a virus scan doesn't look promising. It must be a worm or virus to do that?

Edited by DangeR!, 16 March 2006 - 10:19 AM.

Advertisements

morethanben

morethanben

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Yea, I've gone thru the malware forum already, one of the guys said it didn't look like I had a malware problem. I think my services.exe is corrupt from a past virus or something along those lines though, if that makes any sence or is possible?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Please run hijackthis then save a log and AS A TEXT FILE (FILE > SAVE AS) then ATTACH IT (do not post) to your next post.

As has been noted, we do not like to post hijackthis logs in sections other than the malware forum as we do not want to encourage people to post malware issues in this forum.

I realize you posted one in malware, and then I see you posted one at the top of the thread, but the two are substantially different and I would like a fresh one

Also, what is this PC used for? Work or home? Do you use it to log into other machines, or do other machines log into this?

DangeR!

DangeR!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi,
I just did a bite by bite scan with zonealarm and it found 2 viruses but i stupidly cancled the scan half way through lol. It had been running for an hour aswell. I'm running it again as I type.

I did another online scan called Kasperspy and it detected a few Trojan-Downloader's. The file atached is the report from the scan. I dont think it fixed the problems as I saw no option to do so once the scan completed.

I am running Z/A again but with FULL indepth scans for both virus and spyware. This is going to take a while.

Atached file:
virus.html = summery of Kasperspy scan
hijackthis.txt = the hijackthis file... a new one.

I scand it, for what its worh, hehe.

Attached Files

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
you really are quite the moving target....that log is quite different from the previous ones.

Constantly changing your machine when you are having issues can greatly complicate solving problems

Well, let's wait until the malware is cleaned up...are very likely to be part of the issue.

Let's wait for the av scans to complete, and this time let it clean them (sometimes done at end of scan).

Afterwards, I want you to completely remove Zonealarm, following these isntructions

http://nh2.nohold.ne...stallNonNT.html

Does the problem persist after that?

For the moment, just use the windows firewall

DangeR!

DangeR!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi,
yes I deleted my login and created another one. I read some where that it was caused by the login not being setup properly and creating a new one and deleting the old one worked. It didn't.

Are you thinking that Zonealarm is a problem? I have never had issues with it before and it come highly recommended by many people.

Edited by DangeR!, 16 March 2006 - 01:02 PM.