Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Floppy Fail advisement at power-on

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
Is there any way to stop "floppy fail(press F1) notice from coming up on screen at start-up. Can I go into bios and disable. I'm not sure if I'll reconnect floppy as I only have two chasis bays, one is already occupied by CD/WR and I may decide to install DVD Drive.

Waynf

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
just go into bios and disable the floppy...it shouldnt ever ask you again (unless the cmos battery dies)

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Alternatively, and also in BIOS, disable "Halt on all errors".

wannabe1

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
Under what heading in the BIOS do I find enable/disable "Error Messages" or "floppy A" 3.5"?

Also can this put strain on CMOS Battery, which leads to another point, please define purpose of CMOS Battery?

Regards

Waynf