Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Trojan called 'small.BKE' in temp internet files

• Please log in to reply

Fred Cromer

Fred Cromer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
[size=5][font=Franklin Gothic Medium]
I use BULLGUARD as my firewall and Anti-Virus protection. I scanned my PC (running XP Pro) and it showed me that i had 2 trojans in the My documents/local settings/temperory internet files/history/ie5/ THEN A FILE THAT WAS JUST NUMBERS AND LETTERS, anyway, it was something to do with a daft desktop i downloaded, but iBULLGUARD cannot move it to quarantine,delete it, or mend it.
When i now go to that particular folder, i can't even find the file to delete it manually, ??
Ad Aware SE, and SPYBOT S+D both do not detect this Trojan.downloader.SMALL.BKE ?

I wont bore you, but in the same folder BULLGUARD reported another 1 called NewDot.Net Dropper .. but i really wanted the small.BKE sorting if possible .... Hope you can help me out, I have not had any Bad Infections on my PC for 4 months.... ahh well, what to do ?
Thanks - Fred

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please go here:

Malware Removal Guide

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, ask for advice in the Malware Forum