Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help With Joining avi File Chunks

• Please log in to reply

drums

drums

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi people, nice forum you have here

OK, here's my problem....

I downloaded 48 chunks of an avi video file & tried to join them using the "HJSplit" program, which I've used in the past & never had any problems with

Now, when I open the "join" part on the program, I'm supposed to click on the first avi video chunk (on my C Drive), the one with "001". The problem is it isn't there, none of the chunks are

I downloaded them to my C Drive & have looked numerous times & they are there, but they won't show up on the HJSplit join box

Any idea if I'm doing something wrong or how I can get the first "001" part to show up in that box?

Thank you in advance

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what kind of files are these? where did you get them from?

drums

drums

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
They're "avi" files, video files. I got them from a friend, a band video. They play on Real Player, or other media players

drums

drums

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
OK, can anyone recommend a file joiner that automatically finds the other parts of a movie/video after the initial "001" file?

Thanks