Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

3GHz CPU doing nothing...

• Please log in to reply

Yumil

Yumil

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Edit: This is now about my CPU and not graphics card...I think

I bought a Radeon X800XL for my new computer I built and it doesn't see mto be configured properly or something.

I try to play the game PlanetSide and have the graphics settings as low as possible but the game runs at a constant 5 FPS...the only thing I have running in the background is the proccesses I need.

It also randomly freezes up and my computer restarts...I used to think it was a CPU heat problem...because it was usually around 85*C when the game was running...

I have a 3ghz P4 and 2GB memory...Is there someone who might be able to get my supposedly good graphics card to run a game better?

Edited by Yumil, 08 March 2006 - 04:29 PM.

Advertisements

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
could be bad drivers, or a defective card. also try calling ati's tech suppourt

Yumil

Yumil

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
I am now thinking it's a problem with my processor...it's a:

P4 630+ ?
Supports H-T Tech...
3GHz
800 MHz FSB
2 MB L2 Cache

I'm not too sure if there's a driver or something I didn't install that I should of...I heard of something you need to install for dual-core CPU's...would there be something I should download for this one?