Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Start Up Problem

• Please log in to reply

tjflorio

tjflorio

• Pip
  • 3 posts
When starting up after clicking user icon a "window installer" window starts on the subject desktop and gets stuck when it trys to install "Photo Gallery". The error message says it cannot find path 1. I can cancel out with several continous clicks on various windows that attempt to install various programs. This problem started when I found a program called "oemji" and used the add remove software feature in control panel to get rid of it. I guess they paid me back for rejecting them. Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards, Tim

Edited by tjflorio, 07 March 2006 - 11:46 PM.

Advertisements

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Hi Tim,

Try downloading the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility as described here:
http://support.micro...kb;en-us;290301

Use it to remove the Windows Installer configuration information for Oemji and any other software you don't have anymore.
Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

tjflorio

tjflorio

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
You guys are terrific!!! I would have lived with that start-up problem until I got a new computer. As a "computer user" having found this web-site was a god send for me. As you can probaly tell your recommendation worked. My faith in mankind is restored. Thanks again for the help.
Best Regards, Tim Florio

Edited by tjflorio, 10 March 2006 - 08:21 PM.

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Glad we could be of service. :tazz: