Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AMD SEMPRON 3500

• Please log in to reply

wintermoon

wintermoon

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Bought a brand new Compaq Presario AMD Sempron 3500+. Has an ATI Radeon Express card integrated. I am updating the card, but when I go to scan my computer with processor tests, it fails. It states that I am running a 995. ghz I have had the processor tested at Nvidia, microsoft and PC tools, they all say I am running a laptop or unknown external. I have 1 gig ram, and just want to run the latest games, (mostly oblivion). I own a Compaq Presario 1720NX. I had to send back a Nvidia 6500, because it caused my brand new computer to fail. SO my question is. are those tests reliable? Is my processor bad? can I run new games on my computer?. Please use simple language. I'm a grandma and need things simple. Thanks so much.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G wintermoon

I have to be absolutely honest, I am slightly confused as to exactly what the problem is, so can you do this for me please....

Click on the link below & download SIW :
http://www3.sympatic...w_download.html

This is a system information tool. Once downloaded, can you install it & run it. When it opens to the main screen, click on the File menu, then on Create Log File.

This will create an HTML log. Please email it to me as an attachment, but do not post it on the forum. This log will give me a better idea of exactly what is going on in terms of the hardware in your system.

[email protected]