Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Validate data in C++

• Please log in to reply

Hello_Moto

Hello_Moto

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hey guys,

I'm still new to C++ but got a wee challenge to do. A simple program that has a wee database in it. But, now I'm trying to get it so that when a user types in data, if it is less than or greater than 5 chars and then return is pressed it gives an error message and the option to retype it in. What's the best way about going about this ? I've been trying for a couple of hours now and I'm totally stuck ! :tazz:

Thanks

H_M

Advertisements

baroon

baroon

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
As you know in C++ string are the sequence of characters with terminating null character. Read the data as string and count character till you find null. That's all, if its not of 5 characters, then reject input.

OR

you could use library function " size_t strlen(const char *str); " defined in header file strings.h to find the length of string.