Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disappearing memory!

• Please log in to reply

meatmonger

meatmonger

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi there!
I think my PC is on its last legs but need it till the end of this month when I get a new one.
I'm running Windows 98SE - my system will only run defrag+scandisk in safe mode - and memory
seems to dwindle away randomly.

Here's my Hijack This log file:

Please do not post hijack this logs in any other forum than the malware forum. your log has been removed and re-attached as a text file

If anyone could help me sort this problem out I'd be really grateful!

Thanks in advance!
john

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
You have a trojan among other things.

Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and post your log as a new topic in the Hijack This forum. It will get a better response there from the people most qualified to analyze logs.

Most of what Hijack This lists lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.