clearing up memory
Posted 08 March 2006 - 11:10 AM
1. uninstalling programs that you no longer use with Add/Remove Programs
2. Running a cleaner such as CCleaner
For CCleaner, you can download it from http://www.snapfiles...t/ccleaner.html
After installing it, run it. Set it up like this:
- In the area designated as "Cleaner Settings", Make sure the Windows tab is the selected tab.
- Under the category of "Internet Explorer", UNcheck all boxes except for the first two boxes (Temporary Internet Files and Cookies)
- UNcheck the box next to the category called "Windows Explorer".
- Under the category of "System", UNcheck Empty Recycle Bin.
- At the top, click on the tab that says Applications.
- UNcheck EVERYTHING! If there is a category called "Firefox", then leave the Cookies option checked.
Edited by computerwiz12890, 08 March 2006 - 11:12 AM.
Posted 15 March 2006 - 06:35 PM
What is the method for Netscape 7.1, as far as check this , leave this etc.
Posted 16 March 2006 - 04:39 PM
Posted 16 March 2006 - 07:56 PM
1. in cleaner
there are 4.07MB I can delete, Most say cookie or application, or log.
If I delete these will my computer still work?
2. in tools
There are pograms I use all the time , if I delete these I am up the creek I think.??????
Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:24 PM
In tools, yes, don't mess with your programs there. You could end up removing them when you don't want to.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users