Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

using the file transfer wizard

• Please log in to reply

Caseyb

Caseyb

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
Hello, I did a search on this topic but the search engine does not seem to be functioning properly, so I decided to post. I recently purchased a laptop and I want to transfer a large amount of files from my old computer. The old computer contains the router for the wireless connection to my laptop. I know that sharing a folder is probably the easiest way to transfer files, but I am not really sure how to do it. If someone could give me in depth directions on how to transfer files, please let me know, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Have you considered the file transfer wizard?

http://www.microsoft...november12.mspx

Caseyb

Caseyb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Thanks, I'll try that article out and see if I can do it.

Thanks again

Caseyb

Caseyb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
I don't know why but I have not been able to accomplish what I need yet, I tried the file transfer wizard. Do I need to set up a home network in order to do this?