Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I understand your side, but..........

• Please log in to reply

gretsky

gretsky

• Pip
  • 6 posts
After 3 or 4 days of discussing one of my problems with wireless networking, I thought after all the help I had received I was close to resolving the issue. However, after I was honest in a thread and admitted that my copy of Windows wasn't "genuine" (because I honestly wanted help with the problem), all help ceased, and the thread closed.

I understand this forums dedication to "proper" computing, but I am sorry.......I can't help but see this as very unfair. I mean, honest people, with honest problems........and because moderators don't agree with what you do on your own system, they close the thread and thus all future help.

Once again, I understand this forums thoughts on the subject.......but if the forum cannot be helpful to honest people with real problems, then I thank you to all of the members that tried to help me, and I say goodbye to this forums help and hello to another one of the hundreds of forums out there.

gretsky

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
first....since i'm the moderator you're talking about...i'll answer you

#1 honest people don't use pirated software...plain and simple.

#2 it is our site policy NOT to offer help with (or cease to help once we find out that you are using) pirated or stolen software of ANY kind.

if you cannot abbide by that rule...then that is unfortunate and we have no need for you here. by pirating software you are just making everything difficult for all of us...i mean...where do you think all the copyright protection software came from? because people pirate things....then complain about their rights to steal being infringed upon....