Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard/Mouse/Computer Hangs/Lagging

• Please log in to reply

killermoses

killermoses

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same problem in 3 diffrent situations:

1. Everytime I try to install something that its installation wizard is InstallShield. Through the installation if there is a section when the installation opens dos to do somthing the problem accures.
2. On Autorun of any cd that's using DemoShield for it's autorun application once I press a button which runs the installation of the software (doesn't matter if it's installshield or windows installer or any other installation wizard) the problem accures.
3. This one rarely happends: Once I Enter a Certain Site (only a certain site...not somthing random) the problem accures.

So here's what's happenning:
Everything Just hangs!
The Mouse Can Still Move but can't click on anything.
The only thing in the keyboard that can trigger a response from my computer is either CTRL+ALT+DEL or the Stand By Button on my Keyboard.
Now Let's say I'm installing something and this problem just accured. After a few CTRL+ALT+DELs the dos window that was supposed to open opens up and closes right away. After a few more CTRL+ALT_DELs the Task Manager itself finally opens. if I don't press CTRL+ALT+DEL nothing really happends. everytime I press CTRL+ALT+DEL it's as if windows is a movie and every CTRL+ALT+DEL makes the movie progress by a frame. Another Example That might explain it even better: Lets say my computer hanges from one of the 3 reasons above, I would wait 10mins...maybe an hour or two...nothing will happen. now lets say through this time I just press on anything I can on the keyboard (XD), once I press CTRL+ALT+DEL a few times that sequance of buttons will begin to take effect. for every CTRL+ALT+DEL one or more actions that have been made will take effect..step by step. Somewhere along the way it will open the Task Manager as well and after a few dozens of CTRL+ALT+DELs the Windows button will start to work. At this point some of the buttons respond immidiatly, some continue to respond only after some CTRL+ALT+DELs , but most of them(like the arrow buttons) will not work at all. also, if I try to use only the ALT button it will not respond. If I press the StandBy button on my Keyboard and return from Standby it will not change anything or maybe even makes the problem worse. at this point I usually hit the reset button XS

The problem started in a period of a few days in which I:
1. Installed some minor updates from windowupdate
2. Installed Somthing the was supposed to nutrialize StarForce (ADAWARE, SPYBOT, NOD32 and Windows Defender didn't recognize it as spyware or a virus)

if I'm not mistaken InstallShield, DemoShield and Starforce belong to the same company so it may be it but I'm not really sure since a few websites (whom I don't remember XS) caused the exact same symptoms.

anyway, I'm really Desparate :)
Please Help!
I Tried Everything I could think of!
You are my last hope :tazz:
I really don't want to start formatting my hard drive right now :\

Advertisements