1. Everytime I try to install something that its installation wizard is InstallShield. Through the installation if there is a section when the installation opens dos to do somthing the problem accures.
2. On Autorun of any cd that's using DemoShield for it's autorun application once I press a button which runs the installation of the software (doesn't matter if it's installshield or windows installer or any other installation wizard) the problem accures.
3. This one rarely happends: Once I Enter a Certain Site (only a certain site...not somthing random) the problem accures.
So here's what's happenning:
Everything Just hangs!
The Mouse Can Still Move but can't click on anything.
The only thing in the keyboard that can trigger a response from my computer is either CTRL+ALT+DEL or the Stand By Button on my Keyboard.
Now Let's say I'm installing something and this problem just accured. After a few CTRL+ALT+DELs the dos window that was supposed to open opens up and closes right away. After a few more CTRL+ALT_DELs the Task Manager itself finally opens. if I don't press CTRL+ALT+DEL nothing really happends. everytime I press CTRL+ALT+DEL it's as if windows is a movie and every CTRL+ALT+DEL makes the movie progress by a frame. Another Example That might explain it even better: Lets say my computer hanges from one of the 3 reasons above, I would wait 10mins...maybe an hour or two...nothing will happen. now lets say through this time I just press on anything I can on the keyboard (XD), once I press CTRL+ALT+DEL a few times that sequance of buttons will begin to take effect. for every CTRL+ALT+DEL one or more actions that have been made will take effect..step by step. Somewhere along the way it will open the Task Manager as well and after a few dozens of CTRL+ALT+DELs the Windows button will start to work. At this point some of the buttons respond immidiatly, some continue to respond only after some CTRL+ALT+DELs , but most of them(like the arrow buttons) will not work at all. also, if I try to use only the ALT button it will not respond. If I press the StandBy button on my Keyboard and return from Standby it will not change anything or maybe even makes the problem worse. at this point I usually hit the reset button XS
The problem started in a period of a few days in which I:
1. Installed some minor updates from windowupdate
2. Installed Somthing the was supposed to nutrialize StarForce (ADAWARE, SPYBOT, NOD32 and Windows Defender didn't recognize it as spyware or a virus)
if I'm not mistaken InstallShield, DemoShield and Starforce belong to the same company so it may be it but I'm not really sure since a few websites (whom I don't remember XS) caused the exact same symptoms.
anyway, I'm really Desparate
I Tried Everything I could think of!
You are my last hope
I really don't want to start formatting my hard drive right now :\