Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Java will not download

• Please log in to reply

Caseyb

Caseyb

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
For some reason when I downloaded Limewire the java did not come with it, so I went to download java and it keeps getting stuck halfway through the installation process. I've tried to uninstall the application (both limewire and java) but when I reinstall after a reboot I cannot get the applications to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

bdlt

bdlt

• PipPipPip
  • 876 posts
I do not pretened to know anything about Limewire. Never heard of it. However, here's one thing about java. An application using java must find the compiler(javac.exe) and the executable(java.exe). There is probably a classpath setting somewhere in Limewire. The directory path to javac.exe and java.exe should be appended to the default classpath of Limewire. Both files are most likely to be located in the same directory.

Let's say the default classpath is ______ C:\WINDOWS\JVM\bin
and the files are found at ____________ C:\abc\JVM\bin
edit the classpath to ________________ C:\WINDOWS\JVM\bin;C:\abc\JVM\bin

Caseyb

Caseyb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
I couldn't find a directory, I'm not really to good with that stuff. If I uninstalled both limewire and java, shouldn't I just be able to just download it again?

Caseyb

Caseyb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Also, neither program is in the add/remove programs list. Everytime I go to download Java again, it tells me I need to download the Active X control, which I do, and usually the installation freezes and my explorer crashes.

bdlt

bdlt

• PipPipPip
  • 876 posts
Let's see if we can get through the java install.

First, let's do a search to see if java.exe and javac.exe are on your system.

right click on start, left click on explore, left click on search, left click on All files and folders
type java.exe into the text box below "all or part of the filename"
select c: in the "look in" box(left click the "V" for a list)
left click search, wait for results, report the results listed under "in folder"

repeat the search only this time type javac.exe