Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Power supply?

• Please log in to reply

labatyd

labatyd

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Im running an Athlon 64 3400+, 1.5 gigs of RAM, Raedon 9600 256MB, Asus K8V SE Deluxe, case with 5 fans. What would be a good power supply to go with this setup. Right now I have a 420Watt but my computer sometimes crashes and I think it maybe be due to the power supply, but I am not sure. Do you think 420Watt is enough?

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Your system is very similar to mine except I have a Abit board. I have a Utra X Connect 500w it works very well. It is not only watts but amps on 12,5,and 3v rails that matters, amd recomends at least 18A on the 12v rail, some cheap 400w psu's only have 13A.

I recommend the Ultra 500w or Antec true 480w either of these will be perfect for your system.

Rick