Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Video card to run Oblivion when it comes out...

• Please log in to reply

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Also, what is the smallest good quality format that i can save my "Casheti" sig pic in?

Advertisements

p-zero

p-zero

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
He was saying it didnt work "perfect" i.e. purple water. Im runnin 6800's and run everything max. Kinda bummed about the draw distance though, that and the annoying "loading....." when youre out rolling around on your horse, makes it skip (especially on a black horse). Its not as bad as morrowind was, but they definitly NEED to patch this game. That should take care of a lot of issues people are having with game.
-P.

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
When you say everything, is that incl. shadows?

bsml

bsml

• Pip
  • 7 posts
save it as gif with photoshop. or just jpg as already it is

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Tried Gif an JPG. Just too big-a-sig

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You need to keep it below 50K ideally, You can gat a powercolour X1900XTX for £350 which is an amazing deal, powercolour card is just the same just doesnt come with all the crap games you never play.

I would get rid of that big sig image allready, you know not even good bragging rights, some of us have real military ranks and not from a game and everything a BF2 rank means nothing.

Hey zero you cant have everything max, it either no AA or no HDR, what did you pick?

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I like how Oblivion is like when Doom 3 came out with it's "nobody can run this on ultra high" mode. I find that kind of humorous :whistling:

I'm usually fine as long as everything is normal (so I couldn't stand purple water) and it runs at at least 25 FPS.

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
But REAL gamers would care about my BF2 rank. I think by the end of tonight I will have 3 arrows 'cos Ill be a sergeant

Fake

Fake

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I hear Oblivion is a very good game, I dont know anything about this game so a hint or story line would be great, I will have the game in a day or 2 and I was wondering if anybody could tell me of how the game will work on my computer.

My spec are as followed:

AMD 3500+ ((2.2Ghz) overclocked to 2.44Ghz)
1GB Corsair Budget ((400Mhz) overclocked to 444 Mhz)
256MB Geforce 6200 with turbocache ((memory: 450Mhz, core: 350Mhz) overclocked to memory: 721Mhz, and core: 465Mhz)
Power Supply: 500Watt
Motherboard: MSI K8n nForce4 SLI
Sony DVD/CD Burner
CD burner with DVD combo
Windows XP Pro with all the latest updates.

If you can just give me an idea of how the game will run or even if it will be playable that would be great.

PS I will be upgrading to the new 7900GTX when I can afford it but till then im left with this. :whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its your standard RPG, Hack Slash pillageing booty, assaniting thieving dungeon diving. Biggest difference between this and others is that its very pretty.

6200 should run it, not fantasitcally well but it will run and the 7900GTX will run it.

Cashetti ive been gaming alot longer than you have. And you know BF2 isnt even that popular, not even close to the originals popularity, just not that great a game it didnt live up to its hype.

Ive got an extra stripe and a crown in real life, no one really cares its just another huge image to load.

Advertisements

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
Yeah...dont argue with warriorScot...he is l337

I was truly disappointed with bf2, id rather play battlefield 1942

p-zero

p-zero

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Scot, think im running it on AA 16x or is it 8, cant remember, but Ill check it. Casheti, yes thats all shadows, softshadows, etc. All my sliders are maxed. Its pretty taxing though, gets my system really hot, gotta figure out a way to cool my GPU's better, they give off more heat than anything else.
Im a sargent in BF2, havent really even played it that much. I too was disappointed with BF2 (waste of $50), bf1942, In my opinion, was WAY more groundbreaking and a lot more fun, ( I got banned from the tech tv lanparty, bf1942 demo, cuz I was owning the other team too hard 30-0, in the first 5 min) the vehicles are more video game friendly (easier to control). I'm guessing that BF2 was supposed to be more like a sim. rather than a arcade style shooter. I do like the commander screen, but the controls are more difficult to map, and rather confusing at first. It is a pretty game but, if theyre going to make a simulator make it realistic, it wouldnt take 5 or more bullets to drop someone, maybe 3 TOPS and that would be from a .223 (m4a1,m16). That and the aircraft controls arent as responsive as bf1942 even with sensitivity set to max. But, thats enough of that.
-P.

Edited by p-zero, 20 April 2006 - 08:15 AM.

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Do you mean to say you have a REAL army rank, and you ACTUALLY joined the army?

dllp117

dllp117

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
okay, i know that this is a little off topic, but would any one believe me if i said i had a 450 watt(or whatever it's mesured in) power supply?

dllp117

dllp117

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
okay, i know that this is a little off topic, but would any one believe me if i said i had a 450 watt(or whatever it's mesured in) power supply?