Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video card to run Oblivion when it comes out...

• Please log in to reply

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Hey Journeyman, where do you live. I would order one of your comps if it was good enough. I a willing to spend £1000.

And also, does ANYBODY know an overclocking program that you can run from your desktop, that will support an Intel 865 Motherboard? If so, tell me, I'm DESPERATE!!!!!!

Edited by Casheti, 13 April 2006 - 07:40 AM.

Advertisements

JourneyMan

JourneyMan

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Do a search for 'System Tool', I think I remember it supporting that chipset.

I live in the US, so shipping would be a pain. I've got 2 work orders as is, but I could accomidate you in a couple of weeks.

You'd be better of upgrading your current PC. I could give you some more resources to understanding how to fine tune your PC also.

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Yeah OK. Thanx

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
HOW DO I IDENTIFY MY PROCESSOR SOCKET TYPE????????????? HELP ME PLZ!!!

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

HOW DO I IDENTIFY MY PROCESSOR SOCKET TYPE????????????? HELP ME PLZ!!!

Intel 865 Motherboards have socket 478 cpu slots on them.

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Intel 865 Motherboards have socket 478 cpu slots on them.

Wow, Thanks man

Could you give me advice on OC cos i have P4 as well. But CAN'T do it in the system bios. I sent you a more detailed email about it. Thanks again.

Edited by Casheti, 13 April 2006 - 01:45 PM.

dllp117

dllp117

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
should I get a radeon 9800 pro 256 graphcis card or a radeon x800 spphire edition?
I can get either card, I just want to get the one that runs oblivon the best.

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Definately an X800 sapphire. Do you know what model it is and what is the card bus?

PCI-Express is the one to go for card bus wise. It is a lot faster than AGP.

Edited by Casheti, 15 April 2006 - 02:05 AM.

dllp117

dllp117

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Yeah, it's gonna be PCI. I figure that the x800 was stronger, but the guy who was trying to sell the 9800 was assuring me that it was stronger...I wanted to be sure he was wrong before rufusing. thanx. :whistling: but about what model...it is a radeon 256 mb x800 sapphire edition...other then that, I don't know...I'll have to e0mail the guy who im buying it from...

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Is it first hand. When you say "the guy who i'm buying it from", it makes it sound second hand. Try and go for the X800 XT or XL (XT being the best ever model of the card). You're lucky it's a sapphire as well. They are the best makers of radeon cards.

Edited by Casheti, 15 April 2006 - 03:17 AM.

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I have a Radeon x800 GTO (256MB) and I can't run oblivion on all high settings. Read the system below and one thing is that when I start up Oblivion, it says that the GTO does not support HDR which is a big thing in Oblivion. Am I doing something wrong? I'm having a little memory trouble but I have over what it recommends (it's not reading all of it :whistling: )

I'll continue tweaking but it sets the graphics on high and runs at a mere 25 FPS on good days. At points it drops to 9 FPS!!!

dllp117

dllp117

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
no, it's new. i'm pretty sure it's xt, but he might only have a xl. and a not eon black pandemics post- my firend has a x800 GTO. he got the same problem, but he eventually fixed it. I think that he used the software that comes with the graphcis card in the box to help him. I'll ask him next time I see him.

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
OK. If it is XT consider yourself WAAAAAAY cool.

Edited by Casheti, 15 April 2006 - 12:30 PM.

dllp117

dllp117

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
i will. :whistling:

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
lol. XT can run oblivion full apart from shadows. They are very hard to run