Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Connection Problems

• Please log in to reply

Simon O

Simon O

• Pip
  • 2 posts

HELP HELP HELP ... I have a Compaq that is 4 or 5 years old. I replaced the harddrive because the old one was no longer working. Now it will no longer let me access the internet it just pops up page not found as soon as I type in a new URL. I am running off of a router from my main computer. I have turned my modem off and on. My router off and on. And released and renewed my IP addresses. I have tried everything I know to do. Anyone have any helpful responses. I also replaced my NIC card. Hopefully someone can help me. I am having some trouble.

[size=2]

Advertisements

neverborn

neverborn

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
your instant messenger[or other stuff like antivirus updating] work okay? cos if they are, might just be your browser that's messed up. :tazz:

Simon O

Simon O

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i haven't tried anything the computer is bare ... no firewall no virus protection .. no instant messanging ... NOTHING haha

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
right click on my computer > manage > device manager > any yellow ? or !