Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

winmx

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

arielshai

arielshai

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
so, what do u think is the best program?
i have tried Kazaa, and that isn't good, i have tried Morpheus a long time ago, but i guess i could try it agian, i have used a "Satalite" thing, i forget the name, it was through the internet ( i mean at a web site that u signed in at).
so let me know

arielshai

Advertisements

arielshai

arielshai

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Update:
I ripped WinMX completely off my machine.

View Post

what did you do to "completely" take Winmx off your machine?

arielshai

arielshai

arielshai

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Hey guys, why don't you try areslite? it downloads faster than the regular ares filesharing program, and has found everything i've searched for:D

View Post

okay, yes it works, actually it is great, but how do you open multiple searches, know what i mean?

arielshai

Caseyb

Caseyb

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
I use limewire and love it. It downloads quickly and has its own player to play songs. The only problem is that it uses java and that is a pathway for viruses. Limewire also claims it does not bundle its software with spyware anymore, but that doesnt mean it doesnt bring them about. So its your choice. I choose to take the chance with limewire because I used winmx and hated it. It was slow, and I was sick of using media player to play songs. Limewire has many more users which means many more files to find. But remember, piracy can bring you trouble and so can the viruses/spyware that sometimes tag along with P2P networking. I chose to take the chance and I am not having any problems as of yet, but I'm not saying that you won't.

Good luck

arielshai

arielshai

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
well, i am using areslite and it seems to be working very well. the only thing,
i want to figure out how to do mulitple searches. when i do search the results come up very fast, but i still would like multiple searches

anyone>?

ariel

D_SnipA.L.

D_SnipA.L.

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I have been using WinMX for years now and i Run LeecHammer For people who dont share files when your computer tells you you cant send or receive TCP connection just hit ok or find someone who can tell you how to map a port through your modem and router then you will be able too, and on the main connections tab make sure you are using the SECONDARY conecction not primary i have full 100 mb/s Cable from mediacom and i can d/l a song in about 30 seconds and a movie in about 30 min sometimes longer primary connection is for people with no LAN or router try that and let me know if you still have problem im not coming back here so my email is [email protected] just title the message WinMX Help.

D_SnipA.L. :tazz:

probe

probe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
sup people i have a problem i cant seem to download movies it says connection refused or connection timed out do i need some sort of program or to do some thing please help :tazz:

arielshai

arielshai

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
well if ur using winmx, u should use areslite instead, caus it is way better

tryagain123

tryagain123

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[B]winmx has been bombarded with fake files so, in the top search box, type what you're lookin for and in the bottom box type -c:

This works well!!!!!!!!!!1

D_SnipA.L.

D_SnipA.L.

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
When you setup WinMX i dont care what connection you have use the Secondary connection you will have much better results and always remember to connect to your open nap server lists on the second network connection open nap protocol tab. also go to settings and put the check mark for the limits on incoming/outgiong bandwidth to 1000000 after awhile also winmx will remember which open nap severs you connected to the best and that had most users and will delete others off the list for me its very fast on any download :tazz:

Advertisements

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
I don't use WinMX coz i don't like it. i use shareaza another P2p program

Snowmist

Snowmist

banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
post removed. we don't allow this type of thing here. Member banned :tazz:

Edited by Kat, 10 January 2006 - 04:25 PM.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
This thread is being closed. I can't believe someone dug this out as it was well hidden down in the archives. Since the last posting, we have incorporated a rule here at GeeksToGo. We do NOT allow discussion of p2p type programs anywhere on the site, nor do we offer assistance with them. :tazz:

Anyone breaking this rule after being warned of it will lose their posting priviledges.