Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen of dearh

• Please log in to reply

elite_destiny

elite_destiny

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
i should learn to read..the hive part is the next step...and i didnt realize that repiar was a link....sorry one sec.

Advertisements

elite_destiny

elite_destiny

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
i should learn to read..the hive part is the next step...and i didnt realize that repiar was a link....sorry one sec.

elite_destiny

elite_destiny

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
BTW safe mode came back..go fig.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Are you in Safe Mode now?

Click Start then Run...type sfc /scannow (Note the space between sfc and /) and press "Enter". You will be asked for your installation cd, so have it handy. Wait for the scan to finish (this might take up to an hour). When it's finished, click Start then Run...type chkdsk /r (Again...note the space) and reboot when prompted (type Y and press Enter). This will run on boot-up so restart will take a while...be patient.

Let me know if the first one starts.

elite_destiny

elite_destiny

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
just to be on the safe side..considering the numerous computers i have wrecked...if between the terms and conditions blue screen and the repair one there is a blue screen stating choose your partition...and if i choose the one with the existing windows xp..i wont erase it right...

elite_destiny

elite_destiny

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
comment on that please..i wil try the safe mode thing first.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
The beauty of the repair is that it only replaces system files. Your data and settings will be ok.

You shouldn't get anything about a partition though. First blue screen, press "Enter". Second blue screen, press "F8". Third blue screen, press "R". We don't want Recovery Console...DON'T press "R" in the first blue screen.

Edited by wannabe1, 09 March 2006 - 01:32 AM.

elite_destiny

elite_destiny

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
safe mode is gone again...i shouldnt have exited it.darn.

elite_destiny

elite_destiny

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
ya ...i pressed enter..then f8...then picka partition..or delete this partition were options..... And bleow there was a box with one partition with Windows Xp in it and another saying unpartitioned

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Pick the one with the operating system listed and press R.

Advertisements

elite_destiny

elite_destiny

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
only enter is availavle..

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Refer to the link I gave you. Does the screen you are looking at look like the third screen in the guide?

elite_destiny

elite_destiny

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
no..i must pick a partitioned spot. I assume since when i put xp on here I didnt fill up the entire space there are two choices a partition with the currect xp on there and the unpartitioned.. I assume pressing enter on the xp partition is fine...i just am overly cautious.

elite_destiny

elite_destiny

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
its basically an additional blue screen after you press f8 that i am talking about ...this screen comes up right after it reads at bottom looking for existing xp installed..or something like that.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Unless it asks you to delete a partition or warns you about losing all your data, you'll be ok.