Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD authoring...

• Please log in to reply

Big Country

Big Country

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Ok so i am an avid Music video fan...i have hundreds of music videos on my computer and i would like to make some DVDs that i can play in my Car and my home DVD player for when i have guests...i have Nero Burning Rom but it says that i need some sort of Authoring Software in order for that to work....

so what i am in search of is a program that will take my MPEG videos and convert them and build a menu structure that i can use on my DVD player, and i would like to see if there is a Freeware version out there since i am a poor Circuit City Employee....and our PC tech really aint that much help all he can really do is install antivirus programs and run them....

so any help would be awesome....

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Which version of Nero

If Nero 6 did you install parts one and two, vision express deals with DVD movie files

If you open Nero then click the word Nero it will say which version and which components are installed

http://www.nero.com/...eng/nero-up.php

If you need to download anything, remove the tick for Yahoo toolbar

Big Country

Big Country

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Nero Burning Rom 6 Enterprise Edition, it was software that my buddy that gave me my DVD burner installed it is a hacked version of Nero ......V 6.3.1.17

Edited by Big Country, 09 March 2006 - 09:06 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Geeks To Go only provide assistance with legitimate software

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Sorry for missing the request for a freeware programme

http://www.videodvdmaker.com/

The free version is 2nd down, let me know if it is not suitable

Big Country

Big Country

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
thanks i am at work right now so i will have to check that out when i get home....hopefully that will do what i want to.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
This should help as well

CDBurnerXP Pro
CD/DVD burning software
Our Rating: (Excellent) (SnapFiles)

CDBurnerXP Pro is an easy to use CD/DVD burning software, that can write CD-R and CD-RW discs. The program can also write disks directly from an ISO image file, and save image as an ISO image file (*.iso). You can create data and audio CDs, and it supports Burn-Proof technology, multi-session disks, import of ISO images and more. In addition to CD burning, you can also rip audio CDs, normalize WAV files, encode MP3 files, erase disks, . CDBurnerXP Pro does not require ASPI when used under for NT/2000/XP.

http://www.cdburnerxp.se/download.php