Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Mozilla won't start

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

werreke

werreke

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
When I tried to open up firefox, it won't open up it says that it is currently in use but it doesn't show up in the task manager or under running processes.The exact message I get when I try to open mozilla is
Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the exisxting Firefox process, or restart your system.

I have tried Uninstalling and reinstalling it, but it just gives the same message and doesn't open. Please help.
Thanks.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
hello and welcome to geekstogo,
as it says in the message try rebooting, and it should clear this all up. If not make sure you have the most recent version of firefox. versoin 1.5. if you have been updating by going tools->check for updates it is very possible that you havn't been updated to 1.5 and this may be fixed in the newer version.
thanx
James

werreke

werreke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I have tried rebooting..it doesn't work. I can't even get a window to open so I can't update it. I reinstalled firefox from its website yesterday and it still gave the same error.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
ok, i think we found the root of the problem. Explain to me y you can't reboot and tell me what happends when you attempt to do so.
thanx
James

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Duplicate post.

Closed