Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't quarantine AdAware-detected objects

• Please log in to reply

wdc202

wdc202

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
After running a scan using AdAware (free version) on my W98 pc I get a Scan Summary table listing 196 detected objects. But when I try to quaarantine them nothing happens! I check all the objects and press the quarantine button ... but nothing happens. I tried checking just one object but am unable to send even one to the quarantine bin.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Uninstall adaware, run disc clean up, reboot

Download and install adaware

http://www.filehippo...nload_ad-aware/

Run it before you update it, see what it does, update it then run it

If no change

Please go here:

Malware Removal Guide

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, ask for advice in the Malware Forum

wdc202

wdc202

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Keith: Thank you very much.

"Uninstall adaware, run disc clean up, reboot" --Please clarify "disc clean up." Do you mean Scan Disk?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then programmes, accessories, system tools and it should be at the top, or you can run maintenance wizard, which will take longer