Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics card reaching 125C

• Please log in to reply

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

Really? that was epoxied on? Or was it just the ti300 (incidently, still one of my favorite cards of all time...if the thing could do Directx 9, it would still kick some lower end cards butts today)

That card looks like it has two mount points for a vga cooler, so you will not have to epoxy that back on the ultra

Personally, I'd spring for a new vga cooler for $10

Ya I have an old pny nvidia geforce 3 ti 500 64MB in my closet from along time ago and it does still kick some of the newer low end cards butt. The memory bandwidth on the geforce 3 ti 500 is faster than a geforce 5700le.

Advertisements

manu08

manu08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
Both the cards have some kind of pins holding the fan onto the card itself. I tried removing these pins but got nowhere, I personally don't think they're meant to be removed. Probably I'll buy a vga cooler for like $10 or $20. The thing is when I made up my mind to go purchase a vga cooler the fan started working, I checked on the comp & it showed that the temp. had come down significantly to about 56C which means it was working & effective of course. Today however it stopped working again. If I open the case & just give the fan a slight push it starts spinning again & does so for quite some time, actually that duration I have not experimented much on. What I can tell you is that sometimes the fan works & sometimes it doesn't the confusion is what is causing the fan to stop working? Is the wire of the fan loose? Is it too dirty inside? I cleaned up the fan just now & am going to see how it goes now. Even though i'll be purchasing a vga cooler sometime soon I don't think I'd loose anything trying to figure this problem out as well.
I've attached a picture of my FX 5700 Ultra, any idea how to remove the fan/heatsink please tell me.
The help is greatly appreciated, thanks a lot.