Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem with norton anti-virus

• Please log in to reply

chirag787

chirag787

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hi,

i am using norton anti-virus 2003 professional edition...

i seemed to have encountered an problem...

my auto-protect option remains always off and E-Mail Scanning shows error..

i did try changing it by going to options and checking the box saying 'enable auto-protect'..

but this is not helping...the auto-protect always remains off and the email scanning always shows error...

i dunno what to do..

plz help.. me..

hoping to get a reply very soon ..thank you..

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try re-installing Live Update, 2nd down

http://www.symantec....iles/lu/lu.html

1CoolGeek

1CoolGeek

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Its probably conflicting with other firewall problems such as, Windows firewall... Need to choose one and disable the other

CelestialTeardrop

CelestialTeardrop

• PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
I sometimes have that problem when I turn my computer on: auto-protect is off and e-mail scanning shows an error (I have Norton Internet Security 2004, and on my other computer Norton Internet Security 2005; both occasionally have the same problem). Usually, restarting the computer solves the problem. If you did try restarting and it didn't help, you could try uninstalling then reinstalling the software.

Edited by CelestialTeardrop, 12 March 2006 - 04:40 PM.