Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

code so people cant steal my pictures

• Please log in to reply

ballin_dyme23

ballin_dyme23

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I need help because people have been stealing my pictures and making pages on different cites acting and pretending to be me using my pictures. I wanted 2 know if there was a code or sumthing i could put on my pictures so people cant steal the plz thankyou

Advertisements

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
Some hosts have hotlink protectin and you can use a javascript to disable right clicks (do a search over at hotscripts.com).

But honestly, you cannot prevent someone completely...if someone wants a picture bad enough, all they have to do is to do a screen capture, then edit the picture out that they want. So disabling right click is sort of a "keep honest people honest" solution... not a complete fix.

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
you can always put "© 2006 Your name" on the picture...just have to work with colors so it is noticable but doesn't detract from the picture

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
i saw some examples of this before. there's a code that you use so that right-click is disabled over pictures. also, in IE6, if you hover your mouse over a picture you'll see options for copying etc.; consiquently there is a code to prevent this. but, someone can always view your source and just type the url of the picture file itself. but as thenotch said, there is nothing to stop some1 from making a screenshot and just cutting out the picture from it and using it. i'll try to find those codes i talked about above

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
read THIS ARTICLE and you will be enlightened.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

I need help because people have been stealing my pictures and making pages on different cites acting and pretending to be me using my pictures. I wanted 2 know if there was a code or sumthing i could put on my pictures so people cant steal the plz thankyou

If you don't want people to steal your pictures, don't put them on the internet.
This is the only 100% way to prevent anybody from stealing them. There is NO other way.

Watermarks can be painted off.
People can get the images from their cache.
People can view the source code and work out where the pictures are stored on the server from there.
People can press Print Screen.
People save save the web page from within the browser.
People can turn off Javascript.
People can print the pictures from the webpage directly.

As you can see, no foolproof way. No, you can't disable ANY of these, so please don't ask.