Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Adware mania!

• Please log in to reply

Zach Oldenburg

Zach Oldenburg

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I system restored my computer, then got all the neccesaries. Few days into it, I got AdAware and all of a sudden adware starts up. I delete AdAware. Just totally uninstall it, and nothing. The URL's of the ad's are like this:

Posted Image
Notice the checker board. It's on all the pop-ups.

BUT, the URL's aren't always innocent like that. They first are something along the lines of "http://a-d-a-w-a-r-e.com/blah" or "http://adaware.com/blah" then redirect to the one above.

So I got Secretmaker, an all-in one program, which got rid of it, but after each computer restart, I've had to start up the program to reinsure no ads.

Just yesterday, I restarted and I started Secretmaker very first, as all programs were starting up, and I'm not sure what went wrong but the ad's are getting by the program. I restarted again and did what I usually do and still the same. It's like they're smarter now.

I reinstalled Adaware and ran it, then deleted the critical objects, but still... no change.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please go here:

Malware Removal Guide

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, ask for advice in the Malware Forum

This may help while you are waiting

• Pip
  • 7 posts
try Ad-Aware SE