Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Window Erro

• Please log in to reply

Zhi

Zhi

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi, everytime i open Search in Start menu in my computer, i get the Window erro. How come?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter to replace the system files, you need the XP CD.

Windows File Protection will show an on screen blue progress bar, reboot when the bar goes

System File Checker gives an administrator the ability to scan all protected files to verify their versions. If System File Checker discovers that a protected file has been overwritten, it retrieves the correct version of the file from the cache folder %Systemroot%\System32\Dllcache or the Windows installation source files, and then replaces the incorrect file.

System File Checker also checks and repopulates the cache folder. You must be logged on as an administrator or as a member of the Administrators group to run System File Checker.

The System File Check is only concerned with replacing missing or corrupt system files, and does not affect installed software or data

Zhi

Zhi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

sfc /scannow

Windows File Protection will show an on screen blue progress bar, reboot when the bar goes

what do u mean by when the bar goes?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It will show a blue progress bar which goes when the scan is complete

Zhi

Zhi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
here

If you were in middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

please tell microsoft about this problem

we have created an erro report that you can send to help us improve window explorer. we will treat this report confidential and anonymous.
To see what data this erro report contains, click here

Edited by Zhi, 10 March 2006 - 04:25 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The system file check should run then you should restart the PC, you can click cancel regarding the report message

Did the system file check run

Zhi

Zhi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

The system file check should run then you should restart the PC, you can click cancel regarding the report message

Did the system file check run

well i did the system sfc / thing in the run, it finished but i still get the erro. I posted my erro above your post

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Start with method three then move to method two if it still won't search

http://support.micro...kb/319949/en-us