Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE: The page cannot be displayed

• Please log in to reply

Ejackass

Ejackass

• Pip
  • 1 posts
not every time but mostly every time i enter a password protected site to check different things when i click back every time it says "The page cannot be displayed" please check browser settings blah blah so i have to go all the way back and enter my passwords again to get back to where i was, does anybody know what the problem is?

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
hello and welcome to geekstogo,
1.please check if cookies are enabled
2. change security setting to medium
3. Has anyone placed a filter on your computer to block site?
If you need additional information on how to do the above please let me know.
thanx
James

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
When you visit secure sites, often just using the back button forces the age to resend the info, and some sites are simply not set up for that. This is for your protection. Do you need to click "back" or would opening pages in a new window help? You can right click to open a page in a new window, or press control n to open one up.

Johanna