Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

User Account Multiplication for WinXP?

• Please log in to reply

Paradox924X

Paradox924X

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Hi, I want to know how to make an exact copy of a Use Account on my computer. Can someone please tell me how to do it (if its possible)

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hi there Paradox924X, I am not sure if there are any other ways of doing this but this is how I would do it.

Goto "C:\Documents and Settings\*oldprofilename*" copy all the files in there, make your new account using Windows, eg. Start, Controll Panel, ect.... (Make the user profile administrator)

Go to "C:\Documents and Settings\*newprofilename* and paste the files from your old profile into your new. That should do the trick.

NOTE: There are some files that are "Access Denied" so when copying files over from your old profile to the new. Do it using SAFE MODE.

Cool, goodluck :tazz: