Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD Shrink

• Please log in to reply

scheris

scheris

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I've recently started having problems with DVD Shrink was running fine before until about two weeks ago. Any DVD I try to burn, burns to about 22% and then stops burning further. When you try to end the program, it then crashes. I've recently started cleaning out the PC(for virus etc, it's my dad's comp so it's a bit infected) in the hopes that would fix it, unfortunately still happening. How much memory does DVD Shrink need to burn a DVD? My OS drive has atleast 14g free, although the drive which the program copies the files to are only about 1g, is this affecting it? What could be causing this problem, any thoughts?

Any help is appreciated, thanks :tazz:

Advertisements

Scotty98

Scotty98

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you for the question. I have been using DVD Shrink as well since April '05 and only recently stumbled upon the same problem that you are referring to. From my understanding, the main culprit behind the problem is that the film distributors are utilizing a tougher copyright protection and since DVD Shrink was shut down, the program is unable to handle the new protection. The other thing is that you could be running too many problems in the background-try closing some of the programs that are essential that are running in the background. One of my friends who is a computer guru in his own right suggested trying to burn the DVDs in the middle of the night or before you go to bed, so that it can take care of business without any interruption from the user.

Another suggestion is that you might want to look at another program like Magic DVD Ripper or something similar (I have no stakes in the program other than that is what I have been using). I use MDR to rip the DVD and follow it up with DS, if need be, to get it to fit onto the standard DVD. Since MDR is still in business, it has more ways to get around the various copyright issues.

Best of Luck :tazz: