Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to find IP?

• Please log in to reply

F0rgiven

F0rgiven

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
One of my friends told me tonight that something is apparently wrong with his brother's internet.
His brother came home tonight and supposedly noticed a pop-up that said "Unable to find IP. Contact ISP" or something of that nature; however, called our local cable ISP will cost about 2bucks a minute. No thank you. So he was trying to find an alternative means to fix this problem. He has tried to create a new network and such, but the problem persists. By the way, it's a wireless network without any network devices besides the cable modem. I was wondering if somebody could possibly diagnose this problem? Thank you in advance.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Did he try forcing the modem to obtain a new lease? Shut down the comp, unplug the modem from the outlet, wait a minute, reboot the computer and plug in the modem when the Windows Splash Screen shows. Also, did he try to "repair" the connection? (Assuming he is using XP)

Johanna