Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New USB PCI card not recognised at high speed

• Please log in to reply

cheekydollar

cheekydollar

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hi,

I just got a new Sweex USB 2.0 4 port PCI card. I stuck it in my machine, but when i plugged in my ipod it says a high spped devide is inserted into a non high speed port.

I am running XP and i dont think any service pack. Do i need to upgrade any drivers so my computer will support high speed USB - or should it work fine anyway? Can someone point me in the right direction??

BUT - after i put in the PCI card, i put in the CD with the drivers on..... the light came but nothing happened so thought it was a dud CD - but them no other disks would work!! The dvd rom was working FINE the night before - it seems as soon as i put the PCI card in it stopped working! Ive removed the PCI card but its still not working?!

Please help me :tazz:

Advertisements