Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Aim problem plz help

• Please log in to reply

mrhunta

mrhunta

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
This is a extreamly annoying problem every time i start Aim my bowser opens and gos to the aim web site how do i stop this thanks :tazz:

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I uninstalled AIM long ago since I'm a long time ICQ user, but there are boxes to uncheck within the Settings options which will prevent this if you are only opening AIM to chat. I don't remember the exact location(s), but I would suggest that you open the Settings and go through each thoroughly turning off (unchecking) any boxes that may open the AIM splash screen, that requires that anything dealing with AIM's games, news, etc. that requires use of a browser.

Possibly someone with a better memory can lead you right to which boxes to uncheck. Sorry I can't be of more help at this point.

Ron