Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSODs on startup

• Please log in to reply

rumble291

rumble291

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Opps oh well i would get confused with all those topics. Oh yeah I did overclock my processor but now i have put it back to stock. I'll let u know if it is the reason for the BSODs.

Thanks,

Kurt

Advertisements

surfer99

surfer99

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
[edit: whops missed a few posts there ignore]
[double edit:]

I must admit i am not sure if it is relevant anymore but if you havent tested your harddrive i would do that, been loooking trough the post and it seems like a harddrive issue to me (or memory but you tested that allready)

hdd test i use is Drive Fitness test from hitachi

http://www.hitachigs.../dft/dftnew.htm

give it a shot, cant hurt.

Edited by surfer99, 04 April 2006 - 09:53 AM.

rumble291

rumble291

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
For a couple of days I havent had a BSOD but still not sure if it has gone. I will post again if I get 1 thanks for all your help!!!!!

Kurt

rumble291

rumble291

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
I had another one today the same: DRIVER_IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if yo ucan....boot to safe mode with command prompt and type checkdsk /f /r and let that run to completion..report any errors

rumble291

rumble291

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
I can boot up normally it's just when i first load my file it will go into a blue screen then I restart it and its fine.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
You mentioned two memory sticks, 1 512 MB DDR 400 (3200), the other 256 Mb 133!!! Aren't you making a mistake here? Shouldn't it be 256 MB 333??? If the other is 133 then it's a SDRAM and not a DDR like the 512 module. There are rather old boards which allow to choose either SDRAM or DDR but you cannot run the two types at the same time.

You mentioned that you overclocked the CPU, another potential source for problem. I suggest that you disconnet the computer from the wall socket, open the box, take out the small silvery battey that keeps CMOC user parameters, leave it out for 20 minutes, reinstall and reboot. You will get a checksome error which will disappear when you set time and date. Do all this with the 256 ram stick out.. If we succeed here then we'll try to set the BIOS latter to optimized performance.

Edited by The Skeptic, 08 April 2006 - 03:30 AM.

rumble291

rumble291

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
i made a mistake sorry its pc2700 (256mb) and pc3200 (512mb).